Quilting Rubies specializes in personable service, quick response and turn around time, a clean environment, organic styling, unique/artistic touch, and a good eye for details/design. You will find that excellent communication is one of my favorite pastimes!
Here are some helpful tips and answers to frequent questions.
Preparing Your Quilt Top and Backing
- Make sure you have squared your quilt top and backing.
- Your backing should be 3" larger than your quilt top on all sides. For example, if your quilt top
is 50" x 70" your backing should be at least 56" x 76".
- Iron the quilt top and bottom so that all seams are laying flat.
- There is no need to pin or baste your quilt top to the back or batting.
- If your quilt top or backing has a top or bottom, please mark this.
- Remove all loose threads so nothing shows through the finished quilt.
- Fullness, puckers, and uneven borders will not magically disappear during the longarm quilting process. I will do my best to work with these potential issues, but may not be able to alleviate them. Additional charges may incur.
A few things you might want to know...
- I can accept a quilt that is up to 120" in width. A king-sized quilt is usually between 100-120".
- Current turnaround time is no more than THREE WEEKS.
- Pricing varies depending on the quilting style you chose - see my PRICING page.
- My studio is smoke free.
- My studio is located in central Maine in the quaint town of FARMINGTON. We can arrange the best way for me to receive your quilt top and backing.
- YES, you can mail me your quilt top and backing by sending it through your favorite mail carrier. USPS Priority comes with $50 insurance. We can discuss how you would prefer for me to return your finished quilt.
- No deposit is necessary - payment in full is required upon completion.