Quilt FYI - Questions/Answers
Quilting Rubies specializes in hand guided longarm quilting. This includes free motion, pantograph designs, and custom quilting. I have an efficient turn around time. My style is organic with a unique/artistic touch, as well as a good eye for details/design. You will find that excellent communication is one of my favorite pastimes!
Here's some helpful tips and answers to frequent questions.
Preparing Your Quilt Top and Backing
- Make sure you have squared your quilt top and backing.
- Your backing should be 3" larger than your quilt top on all sides. For example, if your quilt top
is 50" x 70" your backing should be at least 56" x 76".
- Iron the quilt top and bottom so that all seams are laying flat.
- There is no need to pin or baste your quilt top to the back or batting.
- If your quilt top or backing has a top or bottom, please mark this.
- Remove loose threads - these can often show through the finished quilt.
- Fullness, puckers, and uneven borders will not magically disappear during the longarm quilting process. I will do my best to work with these potential issues, but may not be able to alleviate them. Additional charges may incur.
- I can accept a quilt that is up to 120" in width. A king-sized quilt is usually between 100-120".
- Current turnaround time is no more than THREE WEEKS.
- Pricing varies depending on the quilting style you chose - see my PRICING page.
- My studio is smoke free.
- My studio is located in central Maine in the quaint town of FARMINGTON. We can meet in person, contact free drop off/pick up, or mail in.
- Mail your quilt top and backing by sending it through your favorite mail carrier. USPS Priority comes with $50 insurance. We can discuss how you would prefer for me to return your finished quilt.
- No deposit is necessary - payment in full is required upon completion.
- I accept payments via Venmo, Cash App, cash/check.